August 23, 2010

Summer Fun

This summer has been a low key one for us. There were no epic bike rides, no camping, no hiking. We made all of our entertainment decisions based on whether I could sit while we did it. We visited with friends, had many game nights, went to the drive in, and spent a lot of our time doing house projects and putting together the nursery.


For the 4th of July holiday we decided to take a day trip up to Silver Lake in the Uintas to escape the heat. We took our furry friend, Jackson, who had missed the memo about this being a relaxing day and instead insisted on exploring all the wildlife. We spent a couple hours out by the lake reading and alternating between being too hot and too cold. It wasn't a thrill a minute, but it was nice to do something that didn't involve seeing another movie.


Our second day trip took place around the 24th of July. Chris went into work at the shop in the morning, but by noon we were on our way to Bear Lake. While a beautifully scenic drive, we were a little surprised that it took us almost 3 hours to get there. We camped out under one of the few shade trees, read magazines for a few hours and got a raspberry shake for the ride home. I had never been to Bear Lake before and now know to plan on getting in the water and to make it worth the extended drive.

In early August by BFF since 4th grade, Kelli, visited me in between her summer of traveling and eventual relocation to Texas. It's rare these days that we get to visit, much less for a whole day! We went for a walk, visited Ikea, had bubble tea and talked nonstop baby. I was thrilled to have her mom advice and to meet her newest chubbers, Spencer.

For the summer party this year my firm hosted everyone at Snowbird. It was held Aug. 21 so we were taking bets as to whether I would make it or not. My giant belly and I certainly enjoyed the break from the heat. Chris and I spent some time by the pool and in the evening attended dinner with my coworkers. It was a nice, relaxing time and it was lovely to get away, even if it was just 30 minutes from our house.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I love the one of us! Thanks for posting it!