August 15, 2008

Anti Onion Coalition Unite!

From the beginning of our relationship we would always jokingly say we'd break up over onions, specifically Chris' obsession with including them in every meal and my complete repulsion by onion breath. People, two and a half years later this is the topic we most fight about. I watch him layer his hamburger or sausage with onions and think, "Damn. And I wanted to kiss him later." Often times I'll remind him of the future lack of snuggling over his condiment choice and he'll reply that the smell wears off after he brushes his teeth. This is a delusional belief. Being on the receiving end of onion breath, nothing but time and a few onion-free meals can help. Last night as we were off to bed instead of snuggling I was forced to remain 2 feet away and at which time I bored Chris with all the details of the anti-onion coalition I was going to start. For the benefit of relationships! And oral health! No, I will not submit and just eat onions, too. They're terrible 'vegetables' and deserve no time in my mouth. I would rather eat a salad than face raw onion, and that's saying something.

So, good people of blog reading, join me in erradicating this terrible food product! There is a poll on your left to state your position. This may or may not affect our friendship, just so you know.

3 comments:

David said...

This was such a funny post. I especially love the survey choices. People at work are wondering what I'm laughing at.

CrazyMonkeyHouse said...

I do not support the anti-onion coalition! My onion plants are already thinking of ways to sneak down your throat.

I do, however, agree that onions leech out through sweat and other ways.

Mikaela said...

I'm cracking up just reading this post! You guys are so funny! I like onions, Charles does not, so I feel your pain all around...but yeah, they are pretty repulsive and potent! Brushing your teeth does NOT get rid of the stench, either!