- painted and replaced the front and back doors
- created and install under stairs storage unit
- hung picture frames in kitchen
- rigged a pulley system for lamp over the table
- installed bike racks in the front room
- installed window screens
- replaced cement rock in gate/garbage can area with stepping stones
- spot painted
- replace toiletpaper roll and anchors in guest bath
- installed Flor
- created space for the bbq in cement rock bed in backyard
- taped, mudded and sanded the garage
While the house isn't nearly at the aesthetic level we'd prefer, it'll do for now. Our dreams are so large for our house I told Chris we can either afford to indulge our house dreams or get married. Sorry, house.
The weekend with Dad and Jacky was successful. We had an introductory dinner between them and Chris' parents, had my sister's bday dinner and game night, hit the hot tourist spots around the city, and attended dinner with rarely seen extended family. They made sure to jam pack a weekend of non-stop fun. They stayed in our guest room during their visit, politely not complaining about the small bed and jumping rabid dog.
The day that we sent the folks home we were happy to surprise host another set of house guests, my bff since 4th grade Kelli and her infant Matthew. They were in town for a family event and I was able to take a half day off on Monday to spend time with them. I grabbed Traci from her exciting day of not working and off we all went for wedding dress shopping and to ravage a few craft stores. We had a lovely afternoon together. Once Chris returned from work we introduced Kelli to our current burrito obsession, Rubios and taught her Killer Bunnies. I absolutely loved the time I got to spend with Kelli. She's one of those people that despite having spotty communication between life and different time zones and two smalls boys as soon as we're together we click like time had never passed. It also helps that her kids are super cute. We really excited that they'll be back in Utah this summer!
4 comments:
Fun! It always feels good to check off lists.
What do your FLOR tiles look like???
We got these. http://www.flor.com/service/flor/shop/item/Lane-Change-Stripe/1371402500-6735.html
At $5 a tile these are a steal! Highly recommended.
PS linens n things at south town is having a store closing sale. Right now everything is 10-30% off.
I'm so happy I made the blog! And not just as a hijacker. I have pics of your wedding dresses & my visit on my picasa account. Here's the link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/joshandkelliprice
Why didn't I take more pictures of us? This summer, don't let me forget.
Post a Comment