This time last year Chris and I completed our first 100+ mile bike ride. This year circumstances were different. I'm six months pregnant and very rainy weather prevented Chris from getting a lot of miles in, so we opted for shorter rides this year. Chris completed a lonely 72 miles, relatively pain free thanks to an awesome bike fit.
I rode 35 miles with my sister-in-law Shelly. We weren't breaking any speed records, but we did enjoy the amazing weather. At around 10 miles in I made friends with a pothole when I wasn't paying attention and went down. Luckily (and unluckily) a lot of my pregnancy weight has settled on my tush, which is mostly where I hit. I have a scrapped elbow and knee but no other injuries. I popped back up and finished the ride. Shelly and I enjoyed our post ride lunch, popsicle and massage but decided we probably shouldn't ride together for awhile since my last 2 crashes have been around her. Chris and I spent the rest of the day limping through furniture stores and going to bed early. The next day I felt like I'd been hit by a truck, but I'm still glad I did it. I'm grateful to still be able to be so active. The baby didn't mind my adventure and rewarded me by jumping on my bladder and consistent hard kicking.
I rode 35 miles with my sister-in-law Shelly. We weren't breaking any speed records, but we did enjoy the amazing weather. At around 10 miles in I made friends with a pothole when I wasn't paying attention and went down. Luckily (and unluckily) a lot of my pregnancy weight has settled on my tush, which is mostly where I hit. I have a scrapped elbow and knee but no other injuries. I popped back up and finished the ride. Shelly and I enjoyed our post ride lunch, popsicle and massage but decided we probably shouldn't ride together for awhile since my last 2 crashes have been around her. Chris and I spent the rest of the day limping through furniture stores and going to bed early. The next day I felt like I'd been hit by a truck, but I'm still glad I did it. I'm grateful to still be able to be so active. The baby didn't mind my adventure and rewarded me by jumping on my bladder and consistent hard kicking.
No comments:
Post a Comment