October 21, 2010

Photos for Kelli

Things around this joint lately are, predictably, all baby. All Clara, all the time. Everyone always asks me about the sleep, if I'm getting any. Not so much. I usually get 3 hours at the start and then she's up to eat every 2 hours after that. She sleeps really well between 7 and 10am, once we kick Chris out of bed and snuggle up to sleep (Clara stays on Chris' side, I stay on mine). Consequently, I usually get breakfast around 11:30 and we can't be expected to be anywhere before noon. Like her mama, Clara is not a morning person.
Strawbaby!


Her first bath went smoothly. She liked the water and already tried drinking her bathwater. Her only complaint is that she gets cold upon exit and getting dressed, so we'll probably look into a space heater once it gets even colder here.
We have been doing a lot of walking lately. I pop in a podcast, grab Jackson and we explore our neighborhood, special as it may be. It's going to be a hard adjustment for everyone once it gets too cold to be out. Boo.
(Jackson is just yawning here, but I love that it looks like something outrageous is going on stage left)

Clara's nostrils form perfect hearts. I never thought I'd enjoy gazing into someone else's nostrils.


She'll smile now when you tell her she's a pretty baby. She really turns on the charm for all the grandma types. She also rolled over on her own from front to back at 6 weeks, twice! I'll try and capture the next one on video. She's totally changing from this baby lump to an interactive baby girl, which is pretty fun!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

thank you! thank you! I love the pictures, although I don't even want to think about the nap that you had to miss to post these! :)