December 1, 2008

Turkey Day, quadrupled

Chris and I lucked out this year. We got 4 Thanksgivings. But if you ask the bulge around my waistline, it could be said that we are now suffering for those 4 Thanksgivings. My mom and her husband were in town, setting into place a whirlwind of family fun. Our turkey fest began with Chris' moms family, up in Syracuse. We had a lovely meal, gorged on pie, and then set about making fun of those that fell asleep immediately.

After a short visit there we returned home to prepare for our next Thanksgiving, hosted by my sister. Chris gets the Martha Stewart bug once a year and this year opted to make fancy sweet potatoes and later in the weekend a delicious pear dessert. Both dishes were thoroughly enjoyed.


After the potatoes were prepared we met up with my siblings and my mom at my sister's house. Dinner was very lovely and extremely tasty. Something about food made by other people makes it all the more delicious. Our after dinner activity was making and decorating gingerbread houses. It was a fun activity, until our candy-laden houses started to collapse. But fear not, for it was not all wasted. I took large bites out of the roof and can testify as to its tastiness.






Friday bestowed upon us Thanksgiving #3. My Mom's side of the family convened upon a local wardhouse for a delicious meal mostly prepared by my Mom, family pictures, and more pie gorging. It was nice catching up with the extended family and delightful to be distracted from the awkward parts by small children. In the evening we ventured north again to my Aunt's home for game night and more visiting with my Mom.


Thanksgiving #4, finally. Chris' Dads side met at his parents house for turkey sandwiches and fixins. And of course more pie. We calculated that over the course of the weekend I had eaten a whole pie. I can't turn down lemon goodness. Chris and I have a lot to be thankful for this season, and eating delicious meals with our loved ones ranks right up there.






1 comment:

CrazyMonkeyHouse said...

David and I spent a good portion of this morning discussing just how fabulous those pears were. OMG, who knew?! Keep that boy! Thank you so much for deeming us worthy of such a huge dessert accomplishment!