January 23, 2011

Christmas

We had an active Christmas season this year. It's true what they say, Christmas is more fun with kids. Even if those kids have no idea what is going on. On Christmas Eve we spent time and enjoyed a tasty dinner with Chris' Mom's family. Christmas morning Clara and I sacrificed our morning nap and arrived at Chris' folks house in the morning. The Christmas spirit must have been with Chris and I because we even brought Jackson. Luckily it was an unusually warm Christmas so we didn't feel too bad about putting him outside when he got to be a bit much. The gifts were thoughtful and plentiful. Clara made out like a bandit! While she was just as entertained by the lights on the tree, when she's ready there's toys, books and 20 puppets all for her amusement. We snacked and ate all afternoon and managed to fit in games with the family. It really was a lovely Matson Christmas.
Eventually we had to hustle home to do our own Christmas. Chris was impressed with his new egg cooker and I was thrilled to receive a diaper bag I had been eyeing for many months. We went light on Clara's presents this year, expecting a windfall from the grandparents. She got some age appropriate toys from us and hasn't complained yet.

My sister, brother-in-law and brother then arrived for our annual make-your-own pizzas Christmas. We ate, played games, called our parents and enjoyed the end of our Christmas festivities.

No comments: