January 3, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has an interesting tradition in our household. It seems as thought at least one of us gets sick. This year it was my turn. I made a batch of brownies and ate the brownie batter. In my defence, I have eaten brownie batter since I could remember. What I didn't realize is that we switched to organic eggs and the irradiated eggs gave me salmonella. The day before Thanksgiving I was out for the count, resurfacing only to feed the baby. Clara decided to end her 4 day poop strike with predictable results. Chris braved the aftermath. While attending to his sick ladies Jackson took advantage of the situation and ate the half pan of remaining brownies and a bag of rolls. With the help of google and advice of our dog friends we had that puppy puking up every last brownie in the backyard. To say that Chris had a bad day is a bit of an understatement.
Thanksgiving day I was still in recovery mode so I enjoyed Thanksgiving lite. I was still able to get down some turkey and made room for lemon pie. We had our first Thanksgiving at Chris' aunt's house. In the evening we joined his siblings at his folks' for turkey sandwiches and pie. A few days later we recreated Thanksgiving with my siblings. The holiday started terribly, but we enjoyed the festivities as they occurred. Clara rewarded our efforts by sleeping through the night for the first time on Thanksgiving. We were very excited for her, but it hasn't been often repeated.

No comments: